5-Minute Thai Inspired Salad with Spicy Lime Dressing and Fresh Herbs
An easy, refreshing plant-based salad with black beans, chopped vegetables, and a zingy dressing. Perfect for a quick lunch or leisurely dinner.
For the salad
- Salad greens
- Cooked or canned black beans (tofu or chickpeas would also work)
- 1 Cucumber (Persian are best)
- 1 Carrot shredded
- Pickled red onions
- Fresh herbs cilantro, basil, mint will all work
- Nuts peanuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, cashews and pepitas will all work
For the dressing
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 tsp fish sauce more or less, depending on your preferences
- 1 tsp chili garlic sauce, or sambal oelek
- 1/2 tsp shrimp paste optional, but highly recommended
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil optional
To make the salad
Chop your greens, herbs, cucumbers and carrots into your desired bite size. I like to eat my salads with a spoon, so I chop my greens into smaller, more manageable pieces.
Put all your salad ingredients into a bowl in whatever proportions you're feeling at the moment.
To make the dressing
This dressing can be made two different ways. If you're really ambitious, put all the dressing ingredients into a bowl, mix, taste and make additions until you like the flavor. OR, you can squeeze the lime juice and pour the other ingredients on the salad like the lazy, confident person you are.
Whichever method you choose, mix that salad to distribute your dressing goodness.
Eat mindfully without distraction. Enjoy.