Summer Stonefruit Salad with Ricotta and Herbs
Peak season tomatoes and pluots paired with cool ricotta and refreshing basil make for a simple, delicious summer side.
- 2-4 stonefruit (peaches, nectarines, pluots, plums) the more tart the fruit, the better
- 1-2 tomatoes the sweeter, the better
- 1 container ricotta
- A few sprigs fresh herbs (basil, mint, maybe even cilantro)
- Good olive oil for drizzling
- Fresh cracked black pepper
On a serving plate, spread a generous amount of ricotta so it looks fluffy and enticing. Set aside.
Wash your fruit and tomatoes! Then, slice them into wedges and arrange them on top of the ricotta.
Tear your herbs into pretty little pieces. If you want, you can tear them into more manageable pieces with your fingers, or slice them into thin strips. This recipe isn't fussy!
Drizzle a bit of olive oil over top of the dish. Finish with cracked black pepper.
Serve with breakfast, as a snack or as a side with a grilled meal. Enjoy!